Approval of crane operator for work
Conditions under which the crane operator is permitted to work
Overhead cranes are used in many workplaces, including industrial halls, sidings, warehouses or shipyards. To work with cranes you need crane authorisations. In addition to being qualified, the operator must meet additional requirements.
Overhead travelling crane authorisations can be obtained by enrolling in an overhead travelling crane course and after passing an examination before a committee of the Office of Technical Inspection. The authorisations are granted in two categories.
Crane authorisations according to UDT division:
- II S - overhead travelling cranes, hoists and winches operated from the working level and mobile workshop cranes
- I S - overhead travelling cranes, hoists and winches operated from the working level or from a cabin, and mobile workshop cranes
To enrol on a UDT course, you must be at least 18 years old, have at least a primary school education and have no contraindications to working in the profession. In addition to the crane course, the operator must meet additional requirements. These are set out in the UDT and occupational health and safety regulations.
Conditions under which an employee - crane worker - is allowed to work:
- knowledge of the duties assigned
- knowledge of the design and purpose of the equipment and its components
- knowledge of safe crane operation
- knowledge of the properties of electric current
- a traineeship under the supervision of an experienced crane driver
- prior agreement on communication signals with the whistleblower
- regular examinations by a doctor to check eyesight and hearing
There may also be other requirements depending on which company the crane operator will be employed by.
If you are interested we invite you to run by our Centre of Staff Training ERGON crane course - price and dates are given on the website. Our office is located in the city of Warsaw, but we also conduct classes in other locations. We provide a high pass rate and low prices. If you have any additional questions, we are at your disposal.